My name is Sari.
Its like "Scary" but without the "kuh".

I spend most days in utter amazement that I've made it this far with two evil, plotting parts to my brain. These two halves are constantly at war, whether it be with themselves, each other, or me. I do not own the space in my skull, it seems.
They do.


...loft for rent anyone?

Friday

Fun with brains...

Last night, I'm walking out to my car.
This is nothing new. I walk regularly and I've had a car for years. No excitement there.

There is a pink piece of paper shoved under my windsheild wipers. That is rarely a good sign...

I grab it. Its a "warning" for "no parking sticker" from one of the "security guards" where I work. (there is a reason these parts are in quotes. Dont judge me.)

So I throw it in the car, sit down and mumble to myself about how ohhh yess there IS a parking sticker! Its right th- hmmm... its not right there.

Thats when I remember. Oh yeah, it broke. So I kept the two pieces and would just slap 'em on the dashboard every day. However, I had forgotten to do that... for about 6 days in a row. I reach down to my "where I stick stuff" place beneath the a/c controls and taa-daa! ... wait, its not there. Crap.

I drive home, still fuming about the tag, since the company DOES have all vehicles on record and could have looked me up very easily. I park, I turn on the inside lights and search.No tag. Of course I'm being a smart *ss about it anyway to make myself feel better, since the "warning" was for not having a parking sticker and its very clearly NOT a sticker. There is no adhesive. Its plastic with a little hook for sticking on the rearview mirror.
Either way, not important.Its gone.

The next day (today) I walk into work, armed with what I feel is my wrongly-issued warning, and slap it down on the security desk.

"Can I help you?" one of the 2 men says to me.

"Yes. I got this warning on my car last night..."

"Uh-oh" he interjects, with a tone one might use with a toddler who just broke their crayola in half. (Mind you- I'd be WAY more upset about breaking a crayola than I was at getting a stupid pink illegible warning on my car.)... I felt my nose wrinkle up in the "do NOT use that tone" face, but I held it at bay.

I continued "...and I looked. My tag isnt there."
Then I stopped and made the wait-a-second- who-let-you-out-of-the-ward face. Something in my explanation and logic was seriously lacking. Had I just walked up to (potentially) the man/men that gave me the warning and basically admitted that they gave me the warning with good reason? Isnt that why I got the warning in the first place?

Would you walk into a police station and say "No, it wasnt a hit and run, I just didnt see him while I was driving." ??

I sighed and started over."It wasnt there, but its supposed to be."
I felt a smug smile tugging at the corners of my mouth before... wait. I did it again. I may as well have walked in and said "You gave me a warning with good reason and I applaud your powers of observation!"

Finally, the somewhat slower, but usually accurate part of my brain stepped up to say:
"...it wasnt there, but I THOUGHT it was..."

He gave me the "Ohhhh, sure you did" face and I wanted to scream. All the pieces were there inside me. I could feel them. But somehow, they wouldnt link up. The car. The mysteriously missing tag. My explanation. 'JUST ASK FOR A NEW ONE!' my brain shouted.

"I need a new one." she said, stating the obvious. One side of the evil brain cackled. I could feel the finger pointing and laughing already. The other side sighed and suggested I try again. I took a step back, inhaled, and stepped back up to the desk.

"Can I get a new one?" Taaa-daaa!!!

"Sure you can!" came a positive sounding voice from the other end of the desk. I turned to the (much) younger security guy and grinned. I liked him already.

"Whats your last name?"

"Nelson. N-E-L-S-O-N."
"Sorry?"
"Sari."
"Sorry Sari." (giggle)
ha and ha. *sigh* "Yeah. Thats me." Thanks mom and dad.
"Your hair is a different color than your picture."
"Yes, it is. It does that."
"Sometimes, being in the sun, the tags get brittle and break. Maybe it fell down." He said, offering a suggestion as to why I was retarded. I nodded. I knew that part already.
"Here ya go. I think the judge will dismiss this one." (a real comedian, this guy. I stopped liking him.)

I dropped half dropped/half threw the tag back at him and momentarily regretted the fingers I had rented. Cheap isnt always a good thing.
"No jail time, huh?" I mumbled, taking the tag again with a vice-like grip, sure not to drop it this time- probably resembling an angry chipmunk guarding an acorn, and scurried off, head down, back to the parking lot to put the stupid tag in the car.

After all that, I was 8 minutes late clocking in at my desk.
And now avoid the security desk as much as possible